The past few days have been especially difficult as the hormones have invaded my body. I think I've finally got it together today, but that was a tough few days there. Friday, after the funeral, my parents and I headed to the Denver airport to come home. After a spat with my Mom on the plane because of her choice in seating, we both ended up crying most the flight home to Chicago.
Once we got to Midway Airport, I became a raging lunatic, LOL. My Dad went to pick up the car and drive it around while my Mom and I picked up our bags. However, when my Mom and I arrived outside at the pick up location we noticed that two out of the three lanes of traffic were blocked by people who had parked their vehicles, put their hazard lights on, and left their cars. The third lane of traffic was the only one open, so when people spotted their pickup person they had to stop in the only flowing traffic lane to let them in the car. It took 45 minutes for my Mom and I to be picked up because of all the rude ass people. One of which was actually full of people who were just sitting and waiting. When their friends came out and got in the car, they realized they couldn't leave because they were blocked in by all the other dumbasses that parked there too! The one guy even had the nerve to get out and try and direct traffic around his friend's car so they could get out. He asked a senior man to actually move out of the way from trying to look for his pickup so they could back up. I loudly voiced my opinion while standing in the chilly Chicago night....after spending a week away from home and work and wanting to go home...about how ridiculous those people were. I wish he had to ask me to move, he would have gotten a little more than my opinion that is for sure.
We finally got back to my parents house around midnight and I was so beat tired I just went right to sleep in what I was wearing. Matter of fact....its Sunday and I'm still wearing what I wore on Friday(minus the dress pants, I'm in yoga pants, like that matters), I'm still that tired. The alarm went off rather early for me, 6am and I had to go in for cd3 appointments downtown.
Jim picked me up at 6:45am and we headed downtown. I have a routine set for these appointments and right from the get go, the routine was thrown off when the nurse opened the door at 7:40am instead of waiting until 8am. I just knew this wasn't going to be a typical day of stabs and pokes. She was SOOO nice though, it almost made the craziness worth it. She even walked over to the lab herself to get me a number (its like a deli....take a number and wait). So when the office and the lab both opened at 8am we headed over to the waiting room. Usually it goes like this....you have #1 for ultrasound and #1 for labs. They call the ultrasounds 1-5 and you do that first. When you return, the lab recirculates the numbers so that you're automatically next in line when you get back. This time, they took awhile to call ultrasounds and they called my lab number. Well, all the women were looking at me like why aren't you going? So I went. It was a different guy, who didn't know that my veins were non-existant and thought he could magically pull blood from them by sticking me wherever looked good. To make matters worse, instead of putting gauze on the puncture wound (LOL) and taping it down like they always do, he put this itty bitty circle bandaids on me with SNOOPY!!!! I looked like a little kid walking out of a doctor office!! OMG. I came out and waited for my ultrasound number to be called and just started crying in the waiting room. Jim looked a little scared but then I remember a funny story.....when I was on the plane home fighting with my Mom I was also playing this game on my phone call "Draw Something" which is something like Pictionary. While she was yelling at me, I accidentally sent a drawing as finished. It was supposed to be a sink overflowing but I only had drawn part of the sink. That made me laugh so I felt a little better. Finally they called me in for ultrasound, I was a little creeped out being cd3 and having the cram cam but they reassured me they do it all the time. After that I met with one of the nurses, she said the lining is great and e2 is at 20 so I'm all set to go for round#2.
I asked about how many times we'd do this before pursuing IVF. She said they like to do things at least three times and then they'll move me. I'm a firm believer in planning ahead. Jim and I would like to reschedule our San Diego trip for September so we're going to give April's cycle a shot and if another BFN we'll do our third next month in May. If both come back with BFNs then we're going to take a little break and start our IVF cycles when we get back from vacation end of September/October. Hopefully it doesn't get that far, but its always best to be prepared....mentally, emotionally, and financially.
After the appointment, we went to our favorite little place "Elephant and Castle" for an English breakfast and a pint of London Pride (for Jim...I had coffee...which tasted like macaroni and cheese, yuck). I spent the rest of our day lounging around and catching up on work and laundry. Later last night we did go out for dinner and took a peek at a house I'm interested in. Its in New Lenox, the older part, but what I like best about it is that it has a coach house above the garage which would be absolutely perfect for my office! It has 1 bedroom, a bathroom, a kitchen, and living room. The house itself has 3 bedrooms , 2 bathrooms and a full basement. Jim and I both would have everything we needed and wanted in a house so I'm hopeful that it looks nice inside AND its still on the market once we are ready to purchase hopefully Summer/Fall this year.
Timing is everything they say :)

Thanks for sharing this blog! Our infertility issues are a little different, but we're starting IUI with my next cycle. Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy, or being an over-reacting freak, but when I read what's been going on with you, and how you're feeling, I realize that I'm not alone, and I'm not crazy. Just that knowledge alone is so comforting.
ReplyDeleteGlad to help :) You can send me an email on FB if you have questions anytime!
ReplyDelete