My neurologist appointment was Friday. The longest 3 weeks of my life getting to that appointment but its come and gone and is now Sunday. She told me what I dreaded hearing....there's nothing they can do for my migraines while I'm ttc, I just have to trudge through them. Once I either have a baby or am no longer trying to have one, she can prescribe a preventative medication for me at that time but they are not safe while pregnant. Great! She did say that pregnancy has a tendency to alleviate migraines in women who suffered from them beforehand, so I'm hoping that is the case and in which case I'd really like to get knocked up soon so I can take back my life! Oh yeah, and a baby would be nice too, LOL :)
After my appointment, since the neuro. cleared me to start my stims, I went down to my RE's office and asked to speak to one of the nurses. She came out with my chart and I explained what the neuro said and asked if I could come in Saturday morning for my baseline and bloodwork so that stims could begin that night. Well...unfortunately, my RE was on vacation (only until Monday, but still!!) and she had it in her notes that a withdrawal was required before stims. DOH!! Knowing how my body operates I'm 99% sure that it isn't necessary so when I got home I emailed my RE asking if I could come in for an ultrasound and bloodwork just to see what everything looks like first because I had a sneaky suspicion that I'm low enough all around that I dont need the Provera/Prometrium. Thankfully she is an awesome doctor and emailed me back over the weekend while she was on vacation and said I could do that. So tomorrow, Monday , I'll be headed downtown with all fingers and toes crossed for a go ahead on the stims to start tomorrow night.
Me and my calendar are best friends....I over calculate every possible date. Potential ER, potential ET, potential due dates... So, I'm hopeful this cycle starts tomorrow night and works the first time around because then...
a) ER & ET will be done before my birthday
b) ER & ET will be done before my CNA Class (I'm changing careers...thats for another blog, LOL)
c) Since they'll be done, I wont have to worry about bedrest while taking the CNA class
d) My due date would be end of April...meaning I can stand up in my friends wedding May w/o a huge belly
e) There's another reason but I can't say because I don't know who reads this :)
f) If it doesn't work the first time we still have a few months in 2012 for zero cost IVF
See what I mean, this July cycle means a lot to me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment