Wednesday, May 15, 2013

And now we....you guessed it.....WAIT!!!

Stim test was today....


Don't I look purdy??? LOL  I guess sitting in the same position for 4 hours and having 12 vials of blood taken doesn't really make you look like a supermodel, LOL

Anywho, we got there at 8:15am and they took us right away. The P.A. ran the test and as expected, she couldn't get the IV in so I got stuck a few times before she called in the nurse. Nurse of course got it on the first try!!  Thankfully the IV port lasted the whole time and the P.A. was able to get all my blood draws from there so I didn't have to get stuck again.

Basically they started out pushing saline. Then they pushed a quick dose of growth hormone stimulating drugs. Then they pushed Arganine for 1/2 hour. I thought I was done, but the Arganine just started flowing. I was thinking to myself, "This isn't so bad!!" and then WAAAABAM....hot flashes. My neck started itching, I was sweating, felt a little dizzy too. I asked the P.A. if the Arganine was done, and that is when I looked and saw the bag still dripping, LOL so I said, "Guess what? The side effects are kicking in" Haha. Oh well, a few minutes and they went away but they were a long few minutes.

Other than that it wasnt bad, I did feel lightheaded but that could be because I hadnt' eaten anything since 9pm the night before. Speaking of the night before....Jim and I went to a Cubs game. Needless to say, I'm pretty exhausted right now.

The P.A. said I won't get the results for about 2-3 weeks so its going to be a long couple weeks waiting to find out. That makes me nervous that it takes so long. Now I'm looking at getting results mid -June. If they're positive for the deficiency, is there going to be time to deal with insurance, order meds, and then take them 3-4 months before our cruise?? The possibility of waiting until December/January to cycle again is becoming quite real and its not setting well with me!!! UGH!!!

Anywho, after my test we went across the street to our favorite downtown pub called Elephant and Castle. I was famished so I had a nice filling lunch before we headed home:)

Right now, we're home and Jim is moving our furniture around because we're getting new flooring tomorrow in our Piano Room and Kitchen. YAY!! I think I'm going to take a nap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment