Sunday, August 4, 2013

A decade in review....

The following are pictures from my last 10 birthdays up until and including pictures from my birthday today/last night. I've always been a big fan of my birthday and have celebrated pretty seriously :)  LOL....enjoy....
 
 


My 22nd birthday--- Since I had a tame 21st birthday, I really let loose this year. Had a rowdy night on the ISU campus and 6-8 weeks later my Mom called to tell me that my Windsor Pilates had arrived. Hmmm, strange.
My 23rd birthday---My last birthday on the ISU campus. To celebrate, I rented out the party room at "Fat Jacks" and hired my favorite karaoke DJ for me and my friends.
My 24th birthday---- I bought myself a condo this year. Here I am getting ready to celebrate with Amy.


My 25th birthday--- Amy and I went out to Rockit and had mimosas

My 26th birthday--- My ex took me to Tony and Tina's wedding. It was pretty fun...minus the company of course, lol

My 27th Birthday--- In Vegas (in case you couldn't tell, LOL)

My 28th Birthday--- My first birthday as a couple with Jim. There were many bday pictures but this is my favorite. Howl at the Moon with Amy, Michelle, and Shannon.
Just a fun picture in addition to the Howl at the Moon....also went to a Brad Paisley concert 2 days after my bday and snapped a few pics like this one. And no folks....this is not zoomed :)

My 29th Birthday--- Also a lot of pictures but this is my favorite. Outside Hamada Hibachi Grill where Jim took me to dinner.


My 30th Birthday Party at Charley Horse in Tinley Park (now a different bar)

My 31st Birthday ---trying out a new watering hole called Charlestons. Down the street from where we bought our first home  :)

Which brings me to last night/today/tonight.....my 32nd birthday. I even made a song about it....


Night before my birthday I shopped all day. I picked up a free panty from VS, used a $10 off bra coupon and got a nice new bra (I needed one!!!), got a free sample mascara and bronzer thingy at Sephora and also treated myself to uber expensive makeup. I bought a tube of Urban Decay foundation and U.D. eyeliner. It was crazy expensive but it was bday money so I guess its ok. Then I went to Michaels and got some things for my latest crafty vision.....see other blog post!!!....then Target for new shoes cute little flats that Jim said look like witch shoes, LOL. Picked up my free coffee at Starbucks and headed home!!

I met up with two of my friends from my college days at a place called Lalos. They have great Mexican food and even better....great margaritas :)  This is the only normal picture I have of the three of us, LOL


Jim wound up getting home a little early this morning and I woke up when he got home around 4am-ish. I had a hard time falling back asleep so as much as I'd have liked to have slept in on my birthday I was officially up and out of bed by like 7:30am. I spent most the morning clipping coupons and just surfing the web searching for all sorts of articles and info on implantation failure but that was just depressing me so.....thankfully some calls started coming in. First my in-laws, then my friend that live in KY, then my parents. By that point Jim was awake.

Our reservations for dinner weren't until 6:30 but we decided to head out a little early and just walk around at the Riverwalk. Its just as it sounds.....you walk around the river, LOL.

There are tons of shops and restaurants there too and I found a book that Jim bought for me...
The main reason why he wanted to buy it for me, besides the obvious that I need some reassurance that the title is true....but there was a page in there that had a bird flying in the sky with the title "I'll fly to you". That is actually what is engraved into our wedding bands :)  Of course the book had to be mine :) Here is me reading while killing time before dinner...
After we downed a few beers then realized A) Jim had to work tonight and B) I had to work tomorrow....we decided it was time to actually eat something and soak up the alcohol so we headed over to 'Heaven on Seven' for dinner. It is a Cajun/creole restaurant and given that Jim's Aunt and Uncle live in New Orleans, I've been telling him for years we should go to this place that he'd like it. Guess what? I was right!!! OMG, food was amahhhhhzing, I ate so much I had to take my dinner AND my free birthday dessert home in a doggy bag.


I stopped myself after just one hurricane ....before I started ordering them by hurricane names. Oh you laugh but its happened. There is a bar near my old condo called 'Bourbon Street' and many moons ago I lost track how many I had but I started ordering "A Rita" then "A Katrina" then "A Hugo".....I think by "Andrew" they were like oooooook, no more hurricanes for you dear. LOL  Tonight was just one and it was delish :)

All in all, it was a good birthday afterall despite the fact that I have AF (tech. in my private blog but oh well), I'm really just down in the dumps the past 4 weeks. My husband is my rock and he always knows how to cheer me up. He was going to get my horseback riding lessons for my birthday but I'd like for him to go with me. However, with his schedule that might not be possible and I only have a few weeks before FET and I don't want to be on a horse if I'm possibly, maybe, potentially, but in all likelihood probably not, pregnant. Sooooo, I'm going to go to one of those make your own pottery places as his gift to me instead. Happy face here :)

::Sigh::   32 huh? Shit.  haha

 






No comments:

Post a Comment