Thursday, March 12, 2015

36 weeks....Whoops!

Sorry folks....I took so long to blog my 36 week post that I'm almost at the 37 week mark!!

36 weeks and we're getting closer to meeting little Thomas.

My 36th week wasn't too eventful for a change. It was, however, the looooooongest week ever. I think after being in L&D the week before and seeing those contractions on the monitor I was sure I wasn't going to make it to my shower that Sunday. But we did!

We had two NSTs that week, which Thomas eventually passed but needed his usual ridiculous amount of buzzing to do so.

Strange enough, lately my blood sugars have been getting low. Weird huh? Saturday evening, my parents got into town for the shower and came over for dinner. While I was standing there talking to my mom I didn't feel very well all of a sudden. I asked Jim to bring me my Accucheck and sure enough.... 63!!!  WTF, 63?? It was only 6pm and although I didn't have a TON to eat that day, I sure did eat breakfast and lunch! I popped 4 glucose tabs and chugged a big glass of water. I don't like those tabs though I've decided. They made my face feel really warm and in hindsight maybe I should have only taken two? When I checked my sugar 15minutes later like my Endo instructed in these situations, it was 123. Ugh, what?  Then 2 hours after dinner it was 116. So yeah, I think I messed up my sugar equilibrium pretty bad there. Since then, I've had low sugars but not that low and its been manageable.

Sunday was the big day!!! Friends and family came into town and we all celebrated the arrival of little T . As with Jim's family shower, we were overwhelmed by all the love for our little boy and overly crowded living room for a second time. My little cousins all picked out their favorite books from their own collections and gave them to Thomas. He's going to be the best dressed little boy and he has no excuse to cry for no reason because of all the rocking devices we have now, LOL. You can see the pictures on our family website if you'd like https://katespage.shutterfly.com/9007   password is jimandkate

So anywho.... yes almost 37 weeks at this point. Not a traditional "bump" shot but here was me on Sunday before the shower at 36 weeks exactly.
 

 
See you in a few days! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment