This last week actually didn't go by quite as slow as I thought it would....that's not to say it went by quick by any means.
I've officially gone on maternity leave as of last Friday and honestly.... I think I'm equally excited about having 12 weeks off work as I am bringing Thomas home! Granted, I'm not too excited about not being PAAAAAID for 12 weeks but ya know :)
Monday was supposed to be the first BPP of the week but as I was getting ready to leave for the doctor's office, 4 inches of snow just randomly dropped from the sky. I figured if I could just get out of our subdivision it would be ok, since the plows don't seem to have our address. Wrong....the plows weren't even out yet so the entire town was full of yucky sticky snow and my car was having none of that. I figured it was probably more important to stay home and alive and not risk sliding off the road than going to the BPP, so I called and rescheduled for Tuesday instead.
Tuesday....back to the old routine my boy was. He gave me quite the fright when I first saw him on the screen and he wasn't moving. Instantly my mind went to a dark place and all I could think was "No no, not again" but turns out he was just sleeping. Apparently the tech could see the look of dread on my face and quickly moved the wand to his chest and said "He's breathing....see?" . OMG, thank you lady. He eventually woke up enough to pass the BPP but the tech marked on the chart that he was "sluggish". Blood flow looked good , fluid was fine, so we left for the day.
Thursday, he was a little more responsive which was good. Passed the BPP again....got the talk from the MFM that even though we're days away from csection that still I need to be alert for any changes of movement. I know they're being precautious but really I don't need to hear that because now that's all I can think about again. Thankfully since we've been home Thursday he's been bopping around a little bit (even let his Daddy see him do some alien moves this weekend!!!). We actually got a picture of him too!! Usually we don't get pictures during the BPP!
After the BPP at the MFM, we headed over to the OB for my last prenatal appointment/pre-op visit with the OB doing my csection. He went over all the details about the procedure which made me feel a little more calm about this whole event. The only thing that made me kind of sad is that they don't allow phones or cameras in the operating room. So that traditional picture of the dad holding baby by the mom's head while she's being sewn up? Nope, we wont get it :( Granted, I'll probably look much better once I'm sitting up and able to hold him myself so those pictures at least I'll be more coherent but still.... for us, I would have liked that picture. Oh well. If I'm getting a baby that screams and breathes when he's taken out than I guess I don't have much right to complain about not getting one type of picture right?!?
This weekend I've been trying to think of things to do baby free to celebrate my last weekend that I don't need a sitter and/or extra muscle strength to cart Thomas with me. First I went to BBB, yes yes I know I hate that place and swore I was done buuuut, being on unpaid leave for 12 weeks got me thinking I should get shower and birthday gifts for those that fall during the leave now while I'm still bringing some cash in!! I was smart about it though and ordered everything on BBB online for instore pickup so all I had to do was go to Customer Service and pay for my bag and leave. PHEW, so much easier!!!
Then I went to Target, stocked up on food for the house and snacks for our hospital room. Funny story, when I came home and started unloading the bags into the living room I happened to notice a small trail of water droplets behind me on the floor. Immediately I thought "OMGGGGGG this is it....my water broke!!!!!" until I realized....." Wait... my pants aren't even wet..." ummm yeah, one of the gifts for one of the showers exploded in the bag and was leaking. LOL. Major bummer.... thankfully it was still salvageable and still can be given as part of the gift.....because I'm not going back to BBB now for sure, LOL
Today, Sunday, to celebrate 39 weeks and last bump shot day. I am headed to an early Easter brunch at my family's house. I decided to get a little dressed up in one of my maternity dresses which I coincidentally never wore during this pregnancy! Guess that's what happens when you work from home and yoga pants become business casual wear :) Later today I think Jim and I are going to hang out at Barnes and Noble just for some quality us time and quiet time alone. He is officially on leave with me for the next 3 weeks and I'm sure he's pretty excited about that as well...he gets paid of course though, LOL
Well.... I must be going now!! Next blog post will be a welcome Thomas post either way :)

The last bump shot!! You look beautiful :-)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it's TOMORROW!! I can't wait to meet Thomas. I hope you are feeling good and feeling ready! I am very excited for you and hope everything goes smoothly.
Sending lots of love to you, Hubs, Thomas and Jack <3
Obviously late to this (I mean, Thomas is already here) but YAY and stalking your blog for the birth story :) No rush though.. I know how hectic life after baby is!
ReplyDelete