Friday, April 12, 2013

Fun with OPKs

So getting AF was a miracle in and of itself but it got me thinking....maybe I could have more miraclesand ovulate too? I'm still pretty sure its a lofty dream but a girl can wish can't she? At any rate, I started using OPKs on Wednesday which is CD5 (top OPK). I've never had a 2nd line before so I was pretty surprised to see that a very faint line popped up. I understand the concept of OPKs so I wasn't dancing just surprised.  I took one yesterday, which was CD6 (middle OPK) and then one again today on CD7 (bottom OPK). The picture quality is awful and I apologize for that, my phone is the only means of photography at the moment. Now, am I just crazy or....are they getting darker??? Its a little more pronounced in person. Stupid flip phone camera.  :(
 
Well...its still early in the cycle anyways so I'm going to keep on peeing on :)
 
So....my Endocrinologist finally called back. She was stumped per ushe and had no real idea as to where AF came from. Her only advice was to start using OPKs (hahaha, I'm always one step ahead) and see if anything popped up. If not, and AF came back again to call their office and schedule a lab for FSH/LH and maybe a progesterone later in the cycle.
 
Regarding the Growth Hormone, she consulted with the main Endo there and he agreed a stim test was in order. The office will be calling me next week to schedule. Good news is though, that they checked with my insurance company already and they will cover not only the stim test but also GH injections should I need them :)  Yay!
 
Now we wait. I'm really good at that though by now so its not a big deal.
 
I'm leading my Resolve group tomorrow, in our usual leaders absence. Only 2 people RSVPed to her so it may be a small meeting, LOL but I had a great idea while shopping for wine at the Jewel tonight. I bought a Mum and we'll pick a name out of a bowl and that person can have the Mum. Since its so close to NIAW....some of the ladies are mums and most of us would love to be mums :)
 
Ooooh, also...Tomorrow is my friend's Bachelorette Party in the city and I'm super excited!!! We're doing fancy tea downtown and then a comedy club. GNO is just what I need, woohoo!!!
 
Laters!!



No comments:

Post a Comment