Well its Friday again. Another week has come and gone and my weekend has arrived! This weekend will not be spent hungover though at least, haha....
Although it was only a four day work week for me (called in sick on Monday), this has been quite the long week that's for sure.
Tuesday and Wednesday were uneventful, just busy normal work days. Thursday though, Jim and I had our appointment with the genetics counselor. Its really strange to me how quickly we've been able to get into see all the doctors we wanted to see. Both the MFM and Geneticist were able to see us less than a week after my initial phone call. Maybe that's a sign that we're ok to be moving forward so quickly.
At any rate, our appointment on Thursday was less than satisfying as all our appointments seem to be. From what we've learned, Dandy Walker can be part of another syndrome, yes, however... there are many many syndromes that it could be associated with. They just have no known genetic tests to locate where it would possibly come from. Her only suggestion was a 100 part Counsel test which would screen for 100 most common genetic disorders out of a possible 5,000+ that can exist. Jim and I decided not to have this done. She explained it would not explain the Dandy Walker, it would only screen for any other possible genetic issues we can carry. Well... I'm already a basket case to begin with. I really don't want to or need to know if we're both carriers for something ELSE!!! We agreed that if , god forbid, something were to happen again to our 2nd child that we'd look into the Counsel test but for now we're going to pass. Anyways, any genetic mutation we may have that possibly could have caused this only has a 25% chance of occurrence....let alone a reoccurrence. We will take our chances.
Yet another informative appointment but still no answers.
When I got to work I thought I'd give Northwestern a call and check in on my bloodwork from the week before. Not really sure how long it takes for a lupus panel to come back but the results were back. The entire lupus panel was negative....no lupus. Also, they rechecked my ACA levels since in 2009 they were very slightly elevated. In 2014 however, they are so very very normal that it definitely is not a cause either.
On one hand I feel really good about the research and questioning we've been doing , as this is literally leaving no stone unturned. However, the lack of answers and the constant shrugs of doctors shoulders is getting a little bit annoying. I'm a factual person, this is driving me insane but I guess its just one of those things that won't ever come with an answer.
Since all our research has been completed I guessed it was time to email Dr. Oz again and find out about getting FET #2 underway. I'm scheduled for a SHG on Tuesday. Basically, they shoot saline into uterine cavity to make sure that there isn't retained tissue from delivery, polyps that formed, or anything else unusual. They want to be sure the environment in there is as healthy as possible to increase the likelihood of our embryo implanting.
Dr. Oz says that provided everything looks good on Tuesday, I can start Lupron that night. Wait, whut the whut? He told me I can start up on my BCP whenever I want to.... so as of last night I'm officially FET prepping I guess.
Want to hear something a little ironic/strange/eerie???
If this FET follows the same pattern, or at least pretty close to, the last one..... there is a really, really, good chance my due date would be Jack's birthday.
::Tear::
No comments:
Post a Comment