It looks as though I didn't update on this. Well... it had been a week since my last beta which was 11. I was pretty sure it would be zero or close to it by then. Nope... its now 9.64.
The nurse said "Well it just wont go down to zero will it?"....ummm, NO! apparently it wont genius!!
Ok, so about hcg levels and using OPK. I do understand that the OPK picks up LH, which is similar in structure to HCG. This infertile ain't a dope , trust me. However, my HCG is super low and as I understand it, the OPK would also function as a HPT when your hcg is elevated. Case in point.... I've also been taking my Wondfo pregnancy tests just to be sure and they've been most definitely negative. I know a negative test when I see one, since I've been looking at them for years.
From what I gather from my online research, you can still ovulate with some hcg left in your system as long as its not very high. Considering the fact that my beta was 11 when I started the OPKs, it got darker, and then got lighter as it would normally... but the hcg is going down.... I'm assuming that the second line was not related to any hcg in my system.
Ok, so now I guess we just hang out and wait and see. I joked to Jim that I'm planning on having another "spontaneous pregnancy" to really confuse the hell out of the RE's staff. Would be funny though if it happened!!
At any rate, they said I should come back in either 1-2 weeks. Since I'm not sure what exactly happened with the OPK, I opted for the two week mark when we get back from Vegas. If strangely enough that OPK detected an actual downslide of an LH surge and I popped an egg...then I would like to give it enough time to have a decent beta should it have worked on its own.
If not, well no harm no foul I'm not in a hurry to have a hysteroscopy really anyways.
Matter of fact, I'm not really in a hurry to be pregnant either so why rush to get this FET underway. At this point, I just want the baby I don't want to be pregnant. Ooooh....like in Superman or the Matrix. Yes, that's what I want. I want to have a baby grown in a big pod and then when its ready to be poked, I can go to the pod factory and pick it up!!! Love this...why aren't we funding research for this?!?

UGH your beta.... I'm glad that you are ok with it and are going to enjoy your vacation and are in no rush for this whole thing.
ReplyDeleteAnd you never know... IVF used to be a thing of science fiction... maybe pod babies aren't too far behind.