Friday, April 25, 2014

Oh yeah, a beta update...

Still positive, sorry, but... its down to 6.54

Last week my RE's office had me all paranoid when it came back elevated again and they said they were sending it off to another lab. When I checked my portal to confirm my appointment it said "hyperglycosylated hcg". So of course I went right to Google.

Everything for the most part that came up was related to GTD (gestational trophoblastic disease) or some sort of hcg producing tumor/cancer. Awesome... so I panicked for a few days about that thought but decided to step away from Google and just see what happened on Wednesday.

When I got to the RE's office the lab tech mentioned that #1 this lab might cost $700 and #2 the place they were sending it he wasn't sure even ran this lab anymore. Ummm, ok? First of all, the price should have been mentioned last week when this lab was scheduled and two, how are you just researching this now the morning of my lab? At any rate, they drew two vials.... I thought one was for their lab and the other was for Quest. While I was partially right, one lab did get tested at their office (that was the 6.54 lab) the other one didn't go to Quest it got sent to New Mexico. I've been assured by the nurse that this wont be a charge so we best not be getting a $700 bill in the mail. That was Wednesday and I'm still waiting for the results. If its negative, we'll proceed with the hysteroscopy in the next week or so. If its positive they want me to keep coming in for bloodwork until its zero.... obviously I'd be going in for a long long time with that option. In which case, I'd be on the hunt for a new doctor to figure this all out.

Since my hcg likes to spike every 4 weeks apparently, no OPK and no "TTC" going on over here until beta is zero or close to it and this hysteroscopy is done. If my hcg spikes again then I want to be sure its doing it on its own and not have to be wondering or wracking my brain about it being a c/p... Ain't nobody got time for that.

In other news... we're ending NIAW already and next week starts Preeclampsia Awareness Month. A whole month! Since that's my new cause to support I've been working on building up info...maybe I will post the 178 common genes linked to Pre-e/HELLP!!!  Take a little browse see if you have something on the list, LOL ...seriously only I would find that interesting and try to cross reference it with other disorders to try and find a match.

P.S. I had a cake shake from Portillos yesterday. "Their cake shake brings all the fat to your hips and I'm like, Its worth every pound, damn right its worth every pound"  LOL

Nom nom nom....I might get another this weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment