I haven't been to the dentist in , oh I don't know.... 2 years?!? Thanks to my lovely clotting disorder and needing to be on Lovenox for , oh well how bout that.....2 years!!!! Since no baby and no IVF/FET on the horizon it was most definitely time to get the chompers checked out.
I've been cursed with bad gums on both sides of the family and have already had gum scaling done about 10 years ago. I was really nervous to go back after being gone for so long.... I could just picture the Dentist saying something like , "Well Ms. Payne, you have a gingivitally sensitivity disorder and we're going to have to do a full gum transplant" LOL ok maybe that's a bit dramatic but the way things go with me lately who knows right?!?
At any rate.... I have some beautiful chompers and nothing to worry about!! They are showing the signs of not having seen a dentist in 2 years though but the Dentist said he wouldn't have guessed it was THAT long by looking :)
Finally ... a doctor that DOESN'T find something wrong with me!!!

Two years is a long time, but it looks like you took care of your teeth in the interim, so you're safe this time! Who knew skipping the dentist would lead to favorable results? While I won't recommend on doing it again, perhaps you had learned your lesson on keeping your teeth clean after your earlier visits hadn't turned out nicely. So those bad visits to the dentist before is starting to pay off!
ReplyDeleteArun Narang @ Smile by Design
It’s a good thing you were able to maintain your healthy teeth without a dentist’s consultation. And I bet it wouldn’t be that hard for you to maintain it for a few more years. But it’s always nice to visit your dentist every now and then, so you'd have a professional feedback on your oral health's status. Anyway, thank you so much for sharing this post with us, Kate. All the best!
ReplyDeleteKaren Perry @ Brookside Dental Care