Friday, December 28, 2012

I'm on IVF-cation!!!

Since I'm being forced into taking the entire cycle off work without pay, I might as well make use of my time. Somehow I feel that my boss will still try and convince me to fill in places that require lifting like she did last cycle...she's sneaky like that so I better leave my phone off for the next two weeks :)

Today is day 1 of my IVF-cation and I'm so excited. Stims start tonight and I'm still trying to decide what time blocks I'd like to do them. The Lupron has to be 12 hours apart and I think its silly to take it at night, only to have to take 2 other shots a few hours later so I like them to be grouped together. I'm thinking of 8am and 8pm. Not too early and not too late plus it will allow me to sleep in a bit without wasting my day. So having decided that, there is 4 hours left of normalcy before we start adding to my injection count. When we last left off in November, I was up to 127 fertility related injections. I'm assuming after this cycle I should be closer to 190 injections. Considering the HGH and PIO being added in...it all depends on how many nights I stim. Wish me luck ;)

Oh and also, yesterday I found out that I'm in fact D-ficient. My RE would like Vitamin D over 30 and mine was 27. I've been on the prenatal vitamins which have a pretty decent amount of things like Vit.D so I'm wondering what my levels were before I started the vitamins!! Its been under 10 before because of the fact that I'm a sun hater, live in Chicago, and have endocrine issues, I'm doomed to have low VitD. I need more milk....maybe I'll get Hershey's syrup to go with it, that could convince me to drink more :)

Ok well, I'll update as I go but that is all for today!

1 comment:

  1. IVF-cation! I love it! It's sad when injection counts reach over 100. Just think, you can tell your baby that you stabbed yourself everyday for them. :)

    ReplyDelete