Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Plan B in the works

Ok, ok, ok....I'm trying to stay optimistic that this cycle will work. However, how many times can you see something fail and not think in the back of your mind, "What will I do next?"

With that in mind, I've narrowed down my options for 2nd opinions should this IVF#3 be another BFN (but please dear lord don't let it be!!!!). I originally thought I'd go to the clinic in Naperville and see Dr. Morris before going out of state. Buuuut, lets just go balls walls and pull the big guns out right away. Therefore, I've already made an appointment for a phone consultation on January 25th with one of the REs at CCRM.

My cousin cycled with them and absolutely loved them. She's asked if she can help me prepare for my consultation and I'm thinking I might take her up on that. My parents go snowbirding for the winter and so my mother, who is an RN and my IF rock o'knowledge, is gone and unable to help me prepare and be present for the consult. It would be nice to have someone and it doesn't hurt that she is a close female relative who has been through the depression sadness and heartache of countless BFNs through IVF herself.

Anywho, like I said its January 25th. Since I'm already starting my Prometrium I should be cycling soon and if all goes accordingly I'll know before the 25th if its a YAY!!! or a Naaaaaaaay!! Either way if its a BFP the consult is cancelled no harm no foul. If its a BFN again, at least I know I only have to wait a week or so before getting a call from an RE at a major fertility clinic in the U.S. That would most definitely help me keep my shit together.

But of course, we're all hoping for the best and hopefully I get to cancel that consult in a few weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment