Today is my 2nd day past retrieval so I should feel better by now, not the same as on Wednesday. I was still hunched over (so now my back hurts) , my clothes don't fit, I'm sick to my stomach and can't eat much, and biggest problem, I'm short of breath when I walk 10 feet.
I called the RE's office on my lunch break and they said, "Oh yeah....you need to come in ASAP" , so I had to head over to the office at the end of my lunch break and get scanned and blood work drawn. When they did the scan it was apparent that the OHSS has stricken me. They told me the dark areas were fluid and there were quite a few!! The nurse asked me what I had been eating/drinking. I told her I wasn't eating much because of my nausea but I'd been really good about drinking lots of Gatorade and water. Well apparently that is the wrong thing to be doing. She said Gatorade has lots of salt and that is the enemy in OHSS , I want to stay away from Gatorade and plain water and drink more sugary drinks like Apple juice, orange juice, or even 7up or Ginger ale. Plus I have to bulk up on the protein.
So I guess this is our new slogan...
LOL
Basically tonight I'm hitting the couch with my Special K protein shakes....had some chicken bites for dinner and am just relaxing. I may possibly have gone a little overboard on the protein and drinks at CVS but I'm determined to knock this OHSS out before my transfer on Monday.
I also got a really cool hat for the toilet to help me measure my whiz....don't worry, there aren't any pictures of that ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment