Sunday having been the 23rd means Jack has been gone for 11 months. Less than one month and it will be a year. Each 23rd comes and goes so quickly and I cant believe that pretty soon we're starting on his 2nd year gone. I'm so happy and excited about his brother but some mornings I lay in bed and imagine what it would be like to have him here to be Thomas' big brother on Earth. It would be crazy and hectic to have a one year old and a newborn but this house would be filled with love so it wouldn't matter. Instead we're filled with love and we'll still be a crazy hectic household next Spring (or earlier) but just different.....missing a piece.....like the puzzle piece that completes the puzzle but it's lost and can't be found. You can see the whole picture of the puzzle without that one piece but its still just not the same.
Updates Pregnancy/Baby wise:
Sunday marked 21 weeks.
Yikes, 21 weeks.
I really honestly thought that once I got past the 20 week marker that things would be better.
Wrong.
This past week I cant help but question every thump, bump, headache/migraine, etc. Its almost like , ok so he doesn't have Dandy Walker, and I don't have preeclampsia (at least right now)....so what is going to go wrong instead? I'm literally counting down every single day until 24 weeks. At least at that point I can somewhat stop holding my breath. I was making a grocery shopping list sitting on the couch. When I got up to blow my nose (while walking to the bathroom) I felt a whoosh of wetness and it soaked my underwear. Of course my mind immediately goes to my water is leaking out....turns out I probably just peed myself. Ha...joys of pregnancy.
Tuesday (yesterday) I had my 21 week appt with the regular OB. Thomas' heartrate is 152 (a little higher than usual but still normal and ok) , no protein in my urine, cervix is still closed, blood pressure was fine (although its been blipping a little at home here and there....ugh). Only weird thing was that my pulse was 112....ummm, whoa. Its usually a little on the high end, like 90s/low 100s at most but I've never seen 112. She had the nurse come back in and take it again.....she didn't say anything just left the room. She came back a few minutes later and told me I could get dressed and go. Um, ok...guess it was better then? Oh well, whatever.
It will be another 4 weeks before I see them again....25 weeks, and three days after Jack's birthday. ::Sigh:: I just am dreading that day but its coming so quickly and I cant stop it.
At any rate, here are my 21 week and my HDBD (hump day bump day) shot from today!
House/Nursery Update:
So my last post I showed you all the newly painted nursery. Since the green paint spilled on the carpet we had to replace it. It was silly to replace only one room and have the hallway and other two bedrooms not match (plus , I HATED that carpet) so we replaced the hallway and all three bedrooms. That was done on Monday. Apparently Empire sells blinds too and since we had NO blinds or drapes in the nursery or mancave (and really cheap ones in our room) we decided to get new blinds for the two rooms and room darkening shades for our room. That was done on Tuesday (yesterday). Then we had previously ordered a dresser for the nursery and that was delivered today!!! It doesn't match exactly but it is soooo close that I don't even care and dare someone to say something, LOL. I took all the newborn and 0-3 month clothes and put them away. Wouldn't you know....the dresser is nearly full already. The only drawers empty are the little ones which I plan to use for odds and ends...diapers, creams, socks, hats, whatever. So, should be interesting to see where I'm going to put any clothes he gets from showers and/or random gifts. Oh well, I'll figure it out somehow!
Here are some pics from our upgrade week!
Chesney wasn't sure what was going on..... I think she thought we were moving again, LOL
The mancave with new carpet and new blinds
Hallway new carpet
Our bedroom (sorry for messy bed) new carpet and room darkening shades.
Nursery new carpet and blinds
New dresser!
View from the doorway....I originally wanted the two piece flip flopped but I dont think I'd have room for the rocking chair to be next to the crib if they were. So this way I can put the chair in the corner next to the crib so there is less room to travel with a sleepy baby :)
Everything looks great!! You do too!!
ReplyDeleteI like the new carpet and the nursery looks good! :)
ReplyDeleteThey call this "nesting" :)
ReplyDelete