Today was the big day, our anatomy scan. Although we had it scheduled 3 gestational days earlier than we did with Jack, and the doctors have said this baby looks healthy, I was a ball of nerves going into this scan today. I'm not so much worried about this baby having Dandy Walker again like Jack but now I'm constantly thinking something else is going to go wrong.
Well... I'm pleased to blog that baby looks just fine. The brain is formed correctly, the organs are where they should be and all in place, 10 fingers, 10 toes, and 4 chambers in the heart.
Baby's heartrate is still 143 and my blood pressure was something in the 120s/80s so looking good. Cervix still is long and closed which is great....3.5 I think the MFM said. Speaking of cervical checks, I think I'm done with them for awhile. They were (ok and I was too) concerned because I had a LEEP about 10 years ago and plus my delivery of Jack was pretty invasive, and had noted scar tissues from the LEEP, so they wanted to just check me out and make sure things were staying shut. The MFM we saw said that if the cervix is incompetent or weakened at all, they would start seeing a loss of length between 18-22 weeks. Since I'm 19 weeks and my cervical length actually increased, well over where I should be, plus having had a portion of the cervix removed from the LEEP, he had no concern about my cervix so I agreed to hold off on those until later in pregnancy.
Since we're holding off on the cervical checks, now we wont be back at the MFM for another 4 weeks for a fetal echocardiogram just to get a closer look at baby's heart. From what they see , it all looks great, but the MFM explained that by 23 weeks the heart is so much larger and that much easier to see better.
Funny story though, I've been feeling baby move a lot more. Pretty much every day now! I've been feeling a lot of movement down low but still some higher up so I was wondering what this kid was doing in there. When the ultrasound tech started the exam, I could see exactly what was going on in there. I asked her "Is that baby's feet on top of my cervix?" "Yup!" she said. Ah-ha....so baby is tap dancing on my cervix. I can feel the feet on my cervix and the hands up higher. My little breech baby:)
Here are some of the pictures we got today. No money shots though , sorry....you still have a few days to wait for that information!
And this one by far is my favorite. This is the 4D scan picture but the MFM said we could use our phones to take a picture of the screen so it wasn't in black and white. I've been staring at this picture all day and could stare some more even. I'm in love:)

<3 <3 <3 So happy you had a great A/S :-)
ReplyDelete