Just got the bill for my last IVF cycle...our portion was almost $1,000. Holy
crap on a cracker. Major props to those paying OOP.
Not exactly the most opportune time to get that since I'm out of work...we're
already stretched pretty thin on DH's income. Especially since I'm standing up
in a wedding in May. Another
good friend is getting married in June. And then not to mention,the real kicker
is.... DH's brother just announced today that after being engaged for 6 months
and not planning a thing they just decided they'd get married 5 months from now.
Great....so now DH is Best Man and there's another MAJOR wedding we can't afford
to attend.
So we've got 3 wedding shower gifts....3 bachelorette parties....1 bachelor
party....two hotel rooms...and 3 cash gifts for the wedding to come up with on
top of this $1k bill to my former RE.
And....no baby. Wtf....this should be free if you aren't pregnant, LOL
Sorry for the rant. I have a feeling this is going to lead to a knock down
fight, ugh. Stupid IF you just ruined my weekend yet again!!!
Ugh. I am so sorry you are dealing with this.
ReplyDeleteThe only positive thought I can offer you is that it's tax return season!!! So maybe that will help some of these other things go away?? Also call your RE and tell them you'll pay them in installments. I do that on all of my medical bills and have never had an issue.
And as much as I love weddings, I hate how expensive they are. We have one in September and we need to book our hotel room since "space is limited". The issue- it needs to be pre-paid. And money's not easy to come by over here either these days!
Good luck!
(JBDamonM fromTB)
So true...I do love when tax season rolls around again :) We're going to have to pay in installments for the RE bill....yet another positive note though is that with a bill that large we have to be close to meeting our deductible which means pretty soon there won't be bills coming at all!
DeleteI agree...weddings are ridiculous for those getting married and those attending. Especially when you're part of the wedding party...holy geeze!!
Thanks for the kind words :)
So sorry about your BFN. This infertility stuff sucks!!! I have been TTC for 5 years now and we are in the adoption process. I always like connecting with infertility sisters. Feel free to follow my blog too. http://adoptionmama2012.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteThanks for following along, I'll add your blog to my list too :)
DeleteBFNs SUCK. So sorry. We have my sister's wedding in May that I am nervous about the $$$ for. But it's true. It is tax season.
ReplyDeleteThis year should be a good return....I sold a business last year, but it lost money so we can take that off my hubby's income LOL
DeleteGotta love a negative that turns positive!
Hey, no shower, so no shower gift :)so make that 2 showers, 3 bachelorette parties, and you look fabulous in your dress. :)
ReplyDelete