Monday, February 11, 2013

Wow, wow, wow.....so much to update!!!

This will be easier if broken down in to categories. Then if you're only interested in one thing you can skip ahead, LOL

1.) My weekend IF brunches:
So Saturday was our Resolve meeting. I've only attended 3 meetings but I feel like I'm right where I belong. Thats a good thing :)  After the meeting, my two IRL Bump friends and I went out for breakfast. We went to this place in Plainfield called Southern Belles. Sooooo cute inside!!! Loved it!!!  I ordered this scrumptious scrambler thing that had sweet corn and sweet potatoes in it, it was deeeeelish!!!

Sunday we had our Chicago Ladies Bump Brunch. There were so many of us that were in the Chicagoland area, matter of fact a lot of us live really close to each other too!!!, that we decided to get together in person and have Brunch!!!  OMG, I love Brunch and I loved this place we went to. It was Juicy-O in Downers Grove, literally a block away from my new job (this is a segue into talking point #2!!), and they had these awesome little donuts they put on the table. YUM!!!!  I think Juicy-O and Southern Belles are owned by the same people because the menu was seriously identical!!! They had the scrumptious scrambler but I opted for the red velvet french toast. YUMMMMMMMMMM, nom nom nom. Diet? What diet? Totally went out the window this weekend....

At any rate, it was such a fun weekend spending time with ladies who all "get" this IF stuff and just vent about it. I'm so glad we had the Brunch and I hope we all can get together again in the future soon!!

2.) My job situation:
Depending on how long you've followed my blog, you may or may not know that I used to have my own business. From October 2010 until last summer in August I have worked for myself....so basically the whole time I've been going through IF treatments, which was nice to be able to work my own schedule around it. When I closed the business in August I was really lost as to what to do next. I was very disgruntled with my career and always thought I should have gone back to school ages ago. I've always been interested in health care so I decided to pursue nursing. I got a C.N.A. license and did some PT work for a caregiver company and started taking classes at my Community College. Well, too bad even one class at a time is like $600 a pop and we just couldn't afford for me to continue with school so I started searching for a job in ANY field that would pay me some decent money. The caregiver company was hit or miss and not stable income so that wasn't working. After about a month of frustration with interviews not calling back, no answer to hundreds of resumes sent out, and only getting offers from commission only sales jobs, I decided to buck up and try getting back into Property Management. I've literally only made that decision like a week ago and I've already got a new job :)   Too bad I didn't try that awhile ago I could have been building up some cash :)

At any rate, its $14/hour plus full benefits and a 401k for a "Customer Care Representative". Basically, I'll be picking up the overflow calls the Reception desk can't get to and sending work orders, putting RFPs together and dealing with vendors, and answering basic Association questions. This is the perfect job because the last place I worked before I started my own company, I made the same amount of money but had people calling me in the middle of the night, had to attend a dozen Board meetings late at night, and had to deal with the stress of budget season. Now, I get the same salary but 1/10th of the stress level, YAY!!! Its in Downers Grove which is close to my house, Mon-Fri from 9-5:30pm and whats nice is they are close to my new pick for an RE ....nice segue huh??? 

3.) My 2nd RE consultation:
I loved him!!!   To begin with he took me right at my appointment time and laughed at my jokes!!! which was nice

Then he said that in his opinion, I may just still have growth hormone deficiency (I had it as a child) and may need a few months supplementation of growth hormone before stims, as opposed to just 4 days during the stims.

He advised me to have a growth hormone stimulation test done first to see what the results were. If they show a deficiency then he'd give me a few months of the hgh.

Regardless....he doesn't see the need for the ovulation suppression drugs like the micro Lupron flare I did since I don't ovulate because my pituitary doesn't communicate. He also suggested I stop taking the DHEA and CoQ10 he said they can cause adverse effects and ruin a cycle instead of improving it. He also would cycle me with a high dose of Follistim, low dose of hcg and then trigger me with a combo of hcg and Follistim.

If all the above doesn't work then he'd advise me to consider donor eggs. I was sooooo happy he had donor as plan B , because I'm tired of being told that is my plan A!!

Basically, he would be doing a similar protocol to the one the SIRM suggested, only for different reasons. No Lupron, no bcp, no Menopur and getting rid of the Ovidril would be nice too!!

I'm sold!  I gave him the number for my Endocrinologist and he's asking them to contact me to set up the stim test and we're going to go from there!

Like I told this RE.....Maybe I'm in denial about the quality or quantity of eggs I have but, if there is no limit on our IVF cycles why not try anything and everything to get this to work with my own eggs?!?  If I got a bio baby out of the deal I'd put myself through 10 IVF cycles for a biological child and I'd say it was totally worth it in the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ending thoughts....


Next year this time we're going to have money in our savings account....a few much needed projects completed.....and I'm going to be pregnant I just have a feeling. Everything is coming together now and I think that little Baby Payne was just waiting for the right time to make his/her appearance :)

3 comments: