Sunday, January 5, 2014

5 years today!

Jim and I met/had our first date 5 years ago today. For those of you who don't know us, we met on eharmony and were matched right before Christmas, on December 27th I think. Our eharmony process went quick, as did our relationship. There hasn't been one day, no matter how mad we are at each other, that we haven't talked.

The night of January 6th, 2009 was a long, long day. In addition, the weather was pretty similar to how it is today....snowy, cold and awful. I used to work downtown and the commute back to the suburbs was pretty grueling. Not to mention, I had had a string of bad dates off of eharmony over the few weeks before our date. I wasn't really in the mood after my day to sit through another stupid date. Of course, looking back on that night I'm glad I decided to go.

Jim showed up with a can of beer and calla lilies. I love telling people that Jim brought me beer on our first date, LOL We both were beer drinkers and not just Miller Lites but actual good beer. He told me in our first few conversations about a beer he used to drink when he lived in England....that was the beer he brought me.

We pretty much closed down the restaurant. Our waiter kept coming back to our table asking if we wanted another beer so that we could sit there another hour, LOL. Finally we decided since we were the only people left in the place we'd leave. While we were in the restaurant it started snowing. Such a gentleman, he cleaned off my car first. I knew it right then I was in this for the long haul. Before he went back to his own car, he gave me a kiss goodnight. We had made plans for date #2 the next night. I met my future MIL that night and the rest is history.

He moved in with me 7 months later, we went ring shopping/I picked out my ring 9 months later, and we were engaged on our one year anniversary which would then also be 4 years ago today as well. We were married that year just 10 months later and although things have been really tough on us as a couple the last few years, there's no one else I'd rather have to lean on (and vice versa) through all the chaos.

Here are a few of my favorite pics of us over the years....and in no particular order since I can't figure out how to move the pictures LOL.





































1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Hope you do something fun to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete