Today was the productive day that I've been craving for weeks. I slept in but when I woke up, I cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen. I clipped my coupons and made a shopping list....and actually left the house to shop. I made stops at Target for dog food ($5 in coupons off on Chesney's dog food!!!!), went to Michaels and bought the rest of the supplies for Jack's scrapbook plus some paint to finish his canvas I started. I then went to Jewel (I hear another polar vortex is coming this time I'll be prepared!!), followed by Walgreens and CVS for the deals of the week to add to my stockpile.
When I got home, Jim was awake and headed to the gym. After he brought all the things upstairs for me, we kissed goodbye and I started putting away the groceries. Some things go in the basement, some in the bathroom upstairs, and the rest in the kitchen. While I was in the basement organizing my purchases from today I just got the urge to sing and started belting out what I used to sing to Jack all the time on the car ride home from work. The Band Perry's "Don't Let Me Be Lonely". I was feeling really good today, in a better mood and in a better place and was really enjoying the alone time to belt out my sad sad country song even though it makes me happy.
I went back upstairs to the kitchen to finish putting away the groceries when I happened to notice out the window that the clouds were being touched by the sun and turned a bright orange color. It was so beautiful that I felt compelled to take a picture, except the flash from my phone was reflecting off the windows so I stepped outside. After I took the picture, I realized the cloud looked like a baby.... at least I thought it did. I showed it to Jim and just said it was a picture of the cloud but didn't say anything more. He looked, and looked, and then said "It looks....like ...a baby?!". So now I know I'm not imagining it. I thought maybe I was praying for a sign from my Jack so hard that I was making my eyes see things. However, if Jim sees it too maybe it really is there.
Today was the first journal entry I wrote... I thanked Jack for letting me know he's out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment