Saturday, June 7, 2014

Hysteroscopy finally done...

After nearly 3 months of anticipation of the status of my ute was I finally got to (sorta) find out yesterday!

We actually got there a little early and so they took us back right away and I started getting dressed in the uber cool surgical attire. Here I am looking purdy and not quite sure I want to be there...

The anesthesiologist came in to chat with us a little bit and then started my IV. First try this time, I was so happy!  I think he was the same guy on staff for my ER last year too, who also got me on the first stick. Pretty sure he deserves a medal for that!!

Wasn't long after that they came to wheel me to the OR. I've been in this same procedure room many times as its the same room they do ER, ET, HSN/HSG, etc..... however, this is the first time I'd been in this room where the lights were all on. Being wheeled into a room with the bright white lights I started having flashbacks of being wheeled into the OR for my D&C after having Jack. I tried to keep it together but the tears won. It was cute because the surgical nurse thought I was crying because I was worried about the procedure and kept telling me its going to be ok. Granted, yes I was nervous about the procedure but the tears were for different reasons. The anesthesiologist said, "Here's a little something to calm you down"....to which I replied something to the effect of "Oh I'm just happy to not be at work right now....." and that's the last thing I remember. Oh Versed, I heart you.

Anywho, I woke up in recovery and Jim was there. He said he talked to the RE briefly and was told they got everything out and it was like a polyp but that's all he could remember him saying. I asked if the RE could come back in and tell me, so when he came back in I found out I didn't actually have retained tissue afterall, I had a "polypoid" which means it had features of a polyp but wasn't necessarily a polyp. He sent what he could off to pathology to test it out, but in his opinion he said he didn't care what it was as long as it was gone. My ute is sparkling clean now!! :)

So next realization as the meds started wearing off....I had a cath in me, Ahhhh!!!!  So apparently the fluid they were pushing through me was flushing out too fast and they ended up filling me with about 3,000 cc of fluid. While I laid in bed in recovery, the bag only filled up to about 1,000 meaning there was still 2,000 cc left up in me. The nurse pulled the cath and got me a can of 7up and wanted me to try and go to the bathroom. Until I went, I couldn't go home. After a few minutes, I didn't really feel like I had to go but I wanted to try so that I could go home!!  Well....only a little splash came out. Back to the recovery room I went and after a second can of 7up and almost 30minute later, my next trip to the bathroom resulted in only a splash as well. The anesthesiologist said that I obviously was recovered from the medication and since a splash was coming out that my bladder was working , it was just that the fluid needed to be absorbed by my abdominal wall and circulated out which could take a few hours. They sent me home and told me I could expect to have this flood of fluid coming peeing out of me soon.

Sooo... I went home. Jim helped me around the house a little bit but he had to go to work so my MIL came over. We watched the ID channel and Dr. Phil, she did some dishes, took the dog for a walk and bought me ice cream :)  She's a great babysitter, lol  :)  Chesney found a comfy spot by me and kept a good eye on me as well.


At any rate, the whole night I still was bloated and uncomfortable and found it hard to get a good breath. Eventually I just went to bed and she went home. It was a tough night sleeping as I had to essentially sleep sitting up but soon enough morning came. Yup, still bloated. All day today I've been stuck on the couch. Any more movement than that and I'm short of breath so the couch and me have gotten very close today.

This morning I had a realization that this feeling was very similar to my OHSS that I had last year. The only thing that made it go away was massive amounts of Kellogg's protein shakes and glassfuls of apple juice.  I sent Jim out to get me some protein shakes and apple juice and me thinks its working. Slow but sure..... at least I'm actually peeing now. I'm going to have to worry about my diet later as for now I'm going to be ingesting 170 calories x 8-10 bottles until this goes away. LOL


Here is a picture of me earlier looking very pregnant yet very NOT pregnant. I'll have to take an after picture once the bloat goes away but this pic is pretty scary...

My post op appt. is on Friday the 13th and according to the nurse I spoke with today, she still thinks a June FET is possible. As long as the BCP and Lupron overlap for 10 days we're in the clear. We'll see !

1 comment:

  1. I'll be thinking about you Friday! I am so anxious to hear what is going to happen with you. After all you have been through, you deserve some happy news!

    ReplyDelete