Friday, June 20, 2014

I'm in need of a reminder lately...

I've considered this song to be my "Infertility Theme Song" if you will. It's been under wraps for awhile but given the circumstances and I'm in need of a little positivity and an emotional pick me up....we will have to reblog about my song.



Even more so than ever do I find that I connect with this song on so many levels.

"Every Storm (Runs Out Of Rain)"

Oh so your standing in the middle of the thunder and lightning
I know you're feeling like you just can't win, but you're trying
It's hard to keep on keepin' on, when you're being pushed around
Don't even know which way is up, you just keep spinning down, 'round, down...
Jack is my storm and my grief over his loss is so consuming at times I don't know how to even get through it...


 Every storm runs, runs out of rain
Just like every dark night turns into day
Every heartache will fade away
Just like every storm runs, runs out of rain
This is my hope for our future. A way out of the storm and a little reprieve from our heartache.

 
So hold your head up and tell yourself that there's something more
And walk out that door,
Go find a new rose, don't be afraid of the thorns
'Cause we all have thorns
Just put your feet up to the edge, put your face in the wind
And when you fall back down, keep on rememberin'
I'm trying to convince myself that this won't happen again. My new rose is this FET next month...even though there are still thorns on the rose I'm willing to risk pricking my finger on one.
 

 Every storm runs, runs out of rain
Just like every dark night turns into day
Every heartache will fade away
Just like every storm runs, runs out of rain
Hopefully Jack will have a sibling and although the storm will have run out of rain, we will still have the clouds in the background but a little rainbow to light the way through them

 It's gonna run out of pain
It's gonna run out of sting
It's gonna leave you alone
It's gonna set you free
Set you free
I want to be free and I want this awful feeling to go away yet at the same time it keeps me grounded and keeping Jack's memory here on Earth. I'm praying for less sting and less pain but not completely to go away.

 Every storm runs, runs out of rain
Just like every dark night turns into day
Every heartache will fade away
Just like every storm runs, runs out of rain

It's gonna set you free,
It's gonna run out of pain,
And set you free
Gary Allan , you are a poetic genius :)

No comments:

Post a Comment