I probably wont drive 100,000 more though sad to say. The way my little Cam Cam sounds these days I'm just waiting for her to blow up on 355. Le sigh. We have had a good run though....
So yes, my Camry's odometer hit 100k this evening. It's a sad and happy day. I think about all the memories me and my Cam Cam had. It began on September 7th, 2007 when I called in sick from work to go car shopping. I hadn't really intended to buy a new car that very day but somehow I can't say no to a sales person. Good thing I went to a Toyota dealership instead of a Lexus dealership, lol. My vehicle at the time, Honda CRV was well over 100k miles and after a slight incident where it was attacked by a cement pole , it just wasn't the same anymore. I was in the market for something safe, reliable, and a "family car". Even though I was only 26 years old and nowhere near getting married (thank GOD that didn't happen, LOL....story for a different blog, haha) , I knew this next car would be the one I was putting car seat(s) in some day and taking the kids to the grocery store in.
Ha...
I've been a futuristic thinker most my life and able to plan strategically on most things.
I bought a diamond ring at 22 because I wanted to trade it in to contribute to an engagement ring someday. Ok , so it went towards my wedding ring instead but close enough.
I bought a condo with intention of selling it when I got married to put towards a house. Ok, so the market tanked and we have to rent it out but we now own two properties.... comes in handy at tax time!
My only purchase that was a bust was my Camry. I should have bought the Lexus sports car instead...had I known. ::Sigh:: Oh well...
I'm enjoying what time I have left with the car until she blows up.
On a different topic.... I stopped at Jewel after work to pick up some birthday cards and a cake for our monthly birthday celebration at work tomorrow. I went through the self checkout lane but a cashier came up to me and asked if I saw the coupon for the greeting cards. Well... no, I didn't!! How did I miss a coupon, tell me!!!! Apparently you buy 3 cards over $2.99 and you get a bunny statue and since I was buying 6 cards I could get 2 bunny statues. Awww, how cute I thought why not and told her I'd like two bunnies. Then she asks, "Boy or girl bunnies" , and my brain just stopped and I couldn't process..... If I only had one bunny to get I'd get a boy for Jack and put him in the Memory Garden this Spring....but two?? Hmmm. So I picked a boy and a girl. I always kinda feel like my rainbow would be a girl so why not. Here are my two little bunnies for the garden...cute aren't they? I'll call them Jack and Bunny since we aren't "naming" our rainbow until he/she is on this earth and breathing.
No comments:
Post a Comment