Age 17--
Due to my issues with Growth Hormone Deficiency or whatever Endocrine malfunction that I had/have now......I never got a period. My Endocrinologist put me on Yaz to regulate my cycle.
Ages 18-27--
Hey---this is kinda cool. Not only can I have protection against pregnancy but my Mom thinks its only for menstrual cycle regulation. Score!!
Age 27--
Uh oh.....holy clots!!! Guess we're tossing the pills!!!! Mom tried to convince me to at least get the Depo shot to protect against pregnancy, not that it wouldn't have been welcome since I was dating Jim at the time. I told my Mom she was crazy and I'd never get pregnant....while secretly hoping it happened anyways.
Age 31 & 32--
What a crock. Given Reclipsen (along with nightly Lovenox to prevent clots) ......to aid in GETTING pregnant as a part of my IVF protocol and also my FET protocol.
The other night I was laying in bed after having taken my BCP. I got to thinking how did I get to this point. If only I could have even just a smidge of that naivety back from 4-5 years ago when the glimmer of hope was there that going off the pill would spontaneously create a child. Even a smidge of that feeling on my wedding day. Although I knew it would be difficult, this was not exactly what I expected or had in mind.
Soooooo.....I'm counting down the days left on the BCP....Two more after tonight. Lord help me, I hope those are the last two nights, I'm at the brink of insanity. For sure its the BCP that is making my face break out and oily and making me all bloated, ewwww gross. However, I'm not sure if its the Lupron or the extended BCP usage but I'm also getting weepy, sleepy, and mad.....mad, mad, MAD!!!! just about everything.
My birthday is in 10 days. Too bad there wasn't a way to just reschedule it, since I usually enjoy celebrating my birthday. Jim asked me what I wanted....I can't think of anything but a baby.....and then I just cry. Any suggestions what I could ask for that is inexpensive and something my DH can find easily??? I love presents (for me, lol) so I'd hate to miss out by being a poohead.
Maybe I can ask Jim for one of these... :)

No comments:
Post a Comment